Guarding the Good Deposit

"Follow the pattern of sound words...in the faith and love that are in Christ Jesus. By the Holy Spirit who dwells within us, guard the good deposit entrusted to you." 2 Timothy 1:13, 14 *** Biblically-related ramblings from Pastor Jason, Northside Calvary Church, Racine, Wisconsin ***

Monday, July 17, 2006

Do I Dare?

Okay, I'll admit it... The Brewers are not under God's judgment. And no, I'm not just appeasing the Brewers fans at church. It is a stretch to attach them to Noah.

Now the Cubs...that's a different story. They gave up two grand slams yesterday (a total of 11 runs) in the same inning! Plus, it was the first time in club history that happened. (Just a side note--one of the grand slams was by a former Royal, Carlos Beltran.) I'm sorry, Jeff and Kellen, but somehow that must be a form of God's judgment. Believe me--I feel your pain. I once sat through an opening day game watching the Royals give up a gazillion home runs; it did not bode well for the rest of the season. But I've never seen two grand slams in a game, much less in one inning.

It does give me a little joy to see that the Royals are on their way to having a better record than the Cubs. I guess I do need to be careful here. I wouldn't want to cause any of you to stumble in some way. So, perhaps this exercise in questionable theology needs to end.

Maybe...

It's just so fun...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The ONLY time I think I've ever seen multiple GRANDSLAMS was when we were getting whipped at Cliffside Park !! LOL!!!!
GO NORTHSIDE!!!!

7/17/2006 02:37:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are the true "Northsiders" :)
Not those wolves in sheep's clothing. I would never want to be a fan of their team. That would definitely bring judgment!!!!! :)

7/19/2006 12:23:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home