Guarding the Good Deposit

"Follow the pattern of sound words...in the faith and love that are in Christ Jesus. By the Holy Spirit who dwells within us, guard the good deposit entrusted to you." 2 Timothy 1:13, 14 *** Biblically-related ramblings from Pastor Jason, Northside Calvary Church, Racine, Wisconsin ***

Monday, July 10, 2006

More Questionable Theology

For those of you who are (inexplicably) fans of that team to the south...what's their name?...oh yes, the Cubs...I have a question.

I stated that biblically it appears that the Brewers must be under God's judgment (this is seen in the fact that they lost three straight games to the Cubs--at home no less). Apparently God granted a special dispensation to the Cubs in these three games because there were are no redeeming qualities in the Cubs (they haven't won a World Series since dinosaurs roamed the earth). Some of you objected to that, and in fact gave what might be justifiable reasons for the Cubs actually having a redeeming quality or two. If that is the case, then why do the Cubbies have a left-fielder whose name is Angel Pagan?

Now I don't have anything against Mr. Pagan. I don't know Mr. Pagan, nor do I have any incriminating evidence related to Mr. Pagan. However, there is appears to be something quite odd at work here. Biblically we are told that Satan masquerades as an angel of light. We know Satan is evil and his desire is to mimic God, and be a copycat of what God does and who He is.

Please know that I am not insinuating that Mr. Pagan is Satan incarnate or anything close to the fact. As I said, I do not know Mr. Pagan. It does appear, however, that perhaps because of this strange phenomenon the Cubs are in fact the enemy of God. Does that mean that Christians should not be Cubs fans? Maybe the Cubs are the team truly under the judgment of God instead of the Brewers. I think we're onto something here! Biblically this appears to be a difficult determination. It is almost like having to choose between the lesser of two evils.

I guess I'm going to have to remain in the Royals camp...that is where the King of kings belongs, right?

3 Comments:

Blogger jeff said...

Well, let's see here. The Brewers have Rick Helling, which doesn't quite seem right, especially when you add to thatMatt Wise, because we know what the wise of this world are. There is also a Miller and a Gross. And, it wouldn't surprise me if Rickie Weeks has something to do with the 7th week of Daniel. I'm also trying to think, can't quite seem to pull it out at the moment, when the Brewers won their World Series. Trying hard to remember exactly when that was. Hmm, not coming to me. Oh, I know, I know, the Milwaukee Braves won in 1957, but ever since the Brewers, the sinners that they are, came along, I don't recall, I could be wrong, but can't quite remember when they won it all.

7/11/2006 11:18:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The '06 cubs are the winningest team ever. 116 wins and 36 losses gave them the best winning percentage ever. Is there any prophecy about 100 years of famine?

7/12/2006 05:57:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If the brewers are under God's judgement I would just like to point out that
today we(as they pay me) are 2 games under 500. How many are the Cubs?
Royals? I have had to point this out many times this week. Also every time
Gabe Goss comes to bat the song "I can only imagine" is olayed over the loud
speaker. Have a great day.

Deb Vogel

7/12/2006 11:03:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home