Guarding the Good Deposit

"Follow the pattern of sound words...in the faith and love that are in Christ Jesus. By the Holy Spirit who dwells within us, guard the good deposit entrusted to you." 2 Timothy 1:13, 14 *** Biblically-related ramblings from Pastor Jason, Northside Calvary Church, Racine, Wisconsin ***

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

There and back again

Good morning, everyone! I thought I better post something since it has been some time since I last did so. For those of you who don't know, or have forgotten, I have been out of town for a pastor's conference. It was a great conference. While it was very tiring physically (about 14-16 hour days), it was an energizing time spiritually. God is good to have worked things out for me to go. Now if He can only start working on that for next year....

One of the great benefits of this conference is free stuff -- ministry related, of course! I came home with around 22 free books, a couple of free CD's, a new leather portfolio for sermon organization, and other things. I was also able to purchase approximately 10 more books at a greatly reduced price, many as low as $5 or $6. Now if I can only find the time to read them! This conference does everything possible to make this conference a resource for pastors. Not just during the conference, but afterwards as well. I will continue to receive a discount on books through the ministry's bookstore, and I also receive a complimentary one-year subscription to an online pastor's resource center (normally $200). Yes, God is good! As Christians we are not to look for our reward from the Lord in this world, but this conference was a very nice prelude!

2 Comments:

Blogger Day at a Time said...

Hi Jason,
Just wanted you to know that I'm aware of your blog and enjoy checking it out!

Good to keep in touch with what's going on at Northside.

L.

3/08/2006 09:17:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome home! Glad you got so much out of the conference.

We got along pretty well without you, but you were definitely missed.

Cathy

3/09/2006 09:53:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home