Guarding the Good Deposit

"Follow the pattern of sound words...in the faith and love that are in Christ Jesus. By the Holy Spirit who dwells within us, guard the good deposit entrusted to you." 2 Timothy 1:13, 14 *** Biblically-related ramblings from Pastor Jason, Northside Calvary Church, Racine, Wisconsin ***

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

More Jello

"Be forewarned. The Emergent Church is the most theologically corrosive view/movement/trend in a long time. The Seeker movement and the "Laughing Revival" of the last decade pale in comparison. And it’s consuming millions, especially young people." Greg Koukl - Stand to Reason

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pastor-

It seems that I run into an "Easy Believism" person almost every day. I'd like to say,...it scares me! I used to live in this grey area world, and I can say that gray = death. It allowed me to rationalize & justify all my actions and beliefs. In retrospect, I can see (praise God for unveiling my eyes) that this was really satan (small "s" worthy) deceiving me and keeping me just off the bulls eye. I think the worst part of it all is that for people who fall to this type of deception are duped into thinkingg that they are Heaven-Bound because they aren’t robbing banks or killing people. Thus their focus is slightly off at the beginning of the journey, and they end up leagues away from the Truth, The Way, and the Life.
How do we "fortify" against such deceit? Well start by attending Northside Calvary Church on a regular basis!! Bring a friend!

Isaiah 1:7 Your country is desolate, Your cities are burned with fire; Strangers devour your land in your presence; and it is desolate, as overthrown by strangers.

3/16/2006 09:46:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home