Guarding the Good Deposit

"Follow the pattern of sound words...in the faith and love that are in Christ Jesus. By the Holy Spirit who dwells within us, guard the good deposit entrusted to you." 2 Timothy 1:13, 14 *** Biblically-related ramblings from Pastor Jason, Northside Calvary Church, Racine, Wisconsin ***

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Traveling Notes

Well, this is going to be one of the latest (in the evening) posts for me. I am typing this from a motel room on the way to Montana. During the day today I found out that my dad's tumor was indeed cancerous. There are also remnants of the tumor left in the brain--little "slivers," the doctor called them, identified by an MRI. There will have to be treatment, probably both radiation and chemo, and it appears that another surgery may take place. Can you imagine that? Two brain surgeries? Hard to picture.

My dad is doing well. He is already regaining strength that he has lost in the last few months, and his voice and mind are clear again. That is wonderful. This will give you a bit of an insight into my dad (and me as well ): my dad said he hoped there is a video of the surgery that he can watch! I am a little curious too. (Talk about getting into someone's head! Sorry--we have to find humor in this.)

We are doing well, hoping to arrive in Montana tomorrow evening. We enjoyed being together in the car today talking and listening to someone else preach on a CD! We would still appreciate your prayer support. We know the Great Physician is attentive. Thanks again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home