Guarding the Good Deposit

"Follow the pattern of sound words...in the faith and love that are in Christ Jesus. By the Holy Spirit who dwells within us, guard the good deposit entrusted to you." 2 Timothy 1:13, 14 *** Biblically-related ramblings from Pastor Jason, Northside Calvary Church, Racine, Wisconsin ***

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Name change with a twist

I don't know how often complete name changes take place, but I am sure that when people do change their names they have a good reason. This one, though, I'm not so sure about:
A New York man's holiday spirits soared to celestial heights Friday when a judge gave him permission to change his name to Jesus Christ.
Jose Luis Espinal said he decided to change his name about a year ago when he realized, "I am the person that is that name." (editorial comment: I will refrain from opining here--a very difficult thing for me--but I'm sure you can guess what I might say).

The judge before whom the man appeared said that name-change applications are usually not denied "just because the change might cause practical difficulties or be thought unwise, as long as a person with the same name does not object to the proposed change."

Hmm...I think I know Someone who might object.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home